"Free Spirit"
by Samantha Jacinto
(Pen and Ink on Paper)

Jackson Pollock Art



Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Arches of Simplicity


"Arches of Simplicity"
by Samantha Jacinto
(Acrylic on Canvas)

Who'd ever thought that my first nude painting would be from a rear view. I never took notice of how beautiful the human body is and how beautiful the back is. Its every curve looks like hills on a peaceful valley. A womans body is indeed very elegant you can feel the prescence of her gracefulness just by seeing how she moves.

This painting was made for a friend. It is so far the most challenging painting that I have ever done in my entire life! It tested my patience. What really took a lot of time and precision was mixing the colors. I was challenged to give the skin a tanned look with a kind of light wood highlight. Another tough phase was the shading and filling of dark shadows. You had to be discreet enough to shade in without moving your hand too much to the side so as to prevent putting too much shadow and so as not to make the whole part of the body (that you are working on) to fat or too thin...

Often times while amking this painting, I wanted to give up but while nearing the desired effect of my client, I became very proud of myself because I was able to compromise. Challenges do press the best of your talents out.

No comments: