"Free Spirit"
by Samantha Jacinto
(Pen and Ink on Paper)

Jackson Pollock Art



Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Farm


"Farm"
by Samantha Jacinto
(Watercolor on Watercolor Paper)

I haven't posted in this blog for a while now and I really miss it. This is one of my artworks for Illustration Friday but unfortunately I wasn't able to pass it on time so I am presenting it now. When I think of the word farm, I think of the conventional stuff... animals, hay stacks, farmers, tractors. But it came to me that there is more to the word than the usual image of it. A farm is any group of living organisms being cultivated together. I thought why not present it in another cartoonish way.

Then I thought of a flower farm, but it was too dainty to I added cartoonish ants to it. to make is a bit more whacky I added a human face looking through the glass of the ant farm. (Giving emphasis to the big innocent eyes of a child. heheh... BOO!

No comments: