"Free Spirit"
by Samantha Jacinto
(Pen and Ink on Paper)

Jackson Pollock Art



Friday, July 27, 2007

IF: Moon


"Neverland"
by Samantha Jacinto
(Oil on Canvas)
This is a painting I did of a SUN and MOON. I used my sisters face as a model for sketching the face since she loves everything that has to do with both.
This is my first ever oil painting and my only one so far. This is one of my favorite artworks of my own.
The two objects on either side are lips kissing each celestial body. They are giving comfort to this since it is quite lonely being "up there" all alone. The daisy shows a childlike attitude in everyone no matter how seemingly powerful they seem to be. The ship is one that journeys to neverland, that is self explanatory. :D

7 comments:

imwithsully said...

I love the 2 sides/2 personalities of this illustration. Your typeface is so small though, I wish I could read what it says on your blog. :)

Unknown said...

Lovely mythical feel!

Samantha Jacinto said...

thanks to both of you! :D I shall make the typeface bigger. :D heheheh....

Glitz Ink said...

beautiful painting!!! i love your colors!!

Unknown said...

i was going to say i it looks like a self portrait, very cool that you used your sister's face as a model

Ian T. said...

Sally, some first effort in oils! Wow, this rocks! I love your colour sense and your whole exploration of the Sun/Moon, day/night, flower-growing/tide-moving, concept as a unified entity - lovely work!

Samantha Jacinto said...

Thanks for the comments guys,

Ian,
I never really noticed that i jived the concepts together. I guess i subconsciously planned it hehehe... Nice observation!

Platinum Blonde,
My sister loves "sun and moon" thats why i used her face as a model heheh....