"Free Spirit"
by Samantha Jacinto
(Pen and Ink on Paper)

Jackson Pollock Art



Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Imperturbable


"Imperturbable"
by Samantha Jacinto
(Watercolor on Watercolor Paper)

This is an old one. I made this when I was a it angsty about finding what particular style I should be working on and what defines me as a person when it comes to my art. At first while I was making this I had a sketch all planned out. Later on, my sister criticized my artwork and said, "You really plan out your sketches first before paiting dont you? You should try doing it freely without thinking." I considered what she said even though I was half way done through the painting. I ended up painting the woman as initially planned but painting the man in a very messy, free non-conformed way (the extra beer that I had before painting probably added up to all the misguided but beautiful blotches of paint! :D hehehe)

Voila! This is the end result of that whole process and i am very happy with it indeed. :D My real side came out. This painting in one of the darkest ones that Ive made. :P

No comments: